The establishment aim of the İzmir Chamber of Tailors and Ready-Made Sellers which is subject to the Tradesmen and Craftsmen Occupational Organizations Law numbered 5362 is defined as follows.
Aim: Fulfilling the professional, social, economical needs of the members and their assistants, improving their art and trade in an efficient way according to the job ethics and public utility, coordinating their relations with their customers.
Registration To The İzmir Chamber of Tailors and Ready-Made Sellers: Tradesmen and craftsmen who are not enrolled in the Registry Office can not be a member of the İzmir Chamber of Tailors and Ready-Made Sellers.(Law numbered 5362, Article 6) At the time they enroll in the Registry Office, they are directed to the professional chambers that are related to their arts and jobs by the Registry Office of Tradesmen and Craftsmen.
Rights Of The Members: The members of the İzmir Chamber of Tailors and Ready-Made Sellers have the right to benefit every kind of activity and opportunity provided by the İzmir Chamber of Tailors and Ready-Made Sellers.
Membership Conditions: The members have to pay the annual due which is determined by the regulations(prepared by the Confederation of Turkish Tradesmen and Craftsmen and approved by the Ministry of Industry and Trade) and obey the decisions taken by the competent authorities. Annual dues which are amount to the quarter of gross minimum wage have to be paid for twice a year(on April and October). An employee responsible of payment collection activities exist in the İzmir Chamber of Tailors and Ready-Made Sellers for its members to pay the annual dues easily and not to be exposed to the penalty for delay. Also payments can be received by credit cards.
Obliteration of Registration: The members who close their businesses and have no further connection with the tax administration should apply to the İzmir Chamber of Tailors and Ready-Made Sellers with a business shutdown statement or a document certified by the tax administration and a notice of abandonment. Registration of these members are obliterated by the resolution of board of directors. However the members who do not comply with this process and do not terminate their registration have to pay their accrued annual dues (even if their tax liability end).
A) Protecting rights of the members by formal agencies sub administrative and judicial authority and conduct the necessary correspondence
B) Announcing the law notifications which concern the tradesmen and craftsmen
C) Responding the conflicts arising between the members and their customers, deciding upon cost payment in law numbered 5362 bound and channeling to the Board of Discipline in case of penal offence
D) Giving notice to the members in case of necessity, controlling the quality of goods and services(whether they are produced according to the quality standards or not), taking preventive measures in order to protect consumers
E) Setting up or joining equity companies , charitable foundations, funds in accordance with preset establishment aims
Actions In Accordance With Aims:
1) The second property of a bureau was bought on 1987 by the agency of existent administration. Personnel in charge of the İzmir Chamber of Tailors and Ready-Made Sellers serve its members continuously between 08:30 a.m. and 05:00 p.m.
2) The members are informed by brochures, magazines and meetings which are composed of laws and regulations concerning the members.
3) The İzmir Chamber of Tailors and Ready-Made Sellers acts as a mediator between the members and their customers, solve problems and also acts as an expert in the Customer Protection Commission which is established within the districts.
4) The İzmir Chamber of Tailors and Ready-Made Sellers arrange rank, apprenticeship, foremanship's processes of the members who operate in various businesses within the meaning of the law of rank, apprenticeship, foremanship, serve at examining commissions and introduce examinations for uncovered businesses.
5) Credit papers given by banks to the tradesmen and craftsmen are arranged and confirmed by the İzmir Chamber of Tailors and Ready-Made Sellers.
6) Visa forms and declarations of entry to the Social Security Organization for Artisans and the Self-Employed are registered and confirmed by the İzmir Chamber of Tailors and Ready-Made Sellers. Attempts are made in order to solve problems which ocur between the members and the Social Security Organization for Artisans and the Self-Employed.
7) There is a legal advisor in the İzmir Chamber of Tailors and Ready-Made Sellers and so legal questions of its members are responded.
8) In the name of the members, the İzmir Chamber of Tailors and Ready-Made Sellers attends national and international fair organizations and operates researches.
9) Regional representatives are elected among the registered members in order to represent these members in every region and problems of these members are transmitted to the İzmir Chamber of Tailors and Ready-Made Sellers rapidly by these regional representatives.
10) The questions and complaints of the members are monitored and the urgent complaints are responded.
11) Documents of the members related with the Social Security Institution, the Social Security Organization for Artisans and the Self-Employed, Birth Registration Office and the other public associations can be gathered through internet connection.
12) Model making, dress designing, computerized pattern courses which are introduced within the İzmir Chamber of Tailors and Ready-Made Sellers continue to operate.